During this strange and difficult time, it’s tough out there for our small businesses, especially those who are limited companies or have had to furlough workers. It’s important that we keep supporting them, if we can afford to do so. It’s a case of use it or lose it! I’ve put together a list of tips on how to shop from Suffolk businesses at home to share some inspiration.
In our monthly newsletter we have been highlighting Suffolk businesses that have diversified and are continuing to trade during this time, and it is so joyful to see how people are pivoting and still creating amazing things!
There are so many items from local businesses that you can purchase online to arrive straight to your door, from food to craft supplies, flowers and art.
Here are some ideas of how you can support local businesses from home:
- Order takeaway from independent pubs, restaurants and small traders. There are so many fantastic businesses offering delicious takeaways, some through collection services and some delivering straight to your door. Set your table with candles, put on some music and crack open a bottle of wine – perfect night in!
- Order flowers from a local florist or send a bunch to a loved one. If you have a key worker in your family, I’m sure they would appreciate a bouquet of thanks at this time.
- Shop for clothes online from small boutiques. Lots of our local fashion retailers are continuing to sell online, so rather than doing a big haul from a high street chain, pick out a key piece of clothing for the summer season that will be treasured for years to come.
- Take an online class or course from a local business. Many service based businesses, including fitness experts, therapists and tutors, are going online to offer their knowledge in a new way. With all this extra time available this could be your chance to learn a new skill.
- Buy a voucher from restaurants, salons or other businesses that can’t open at the moment. This will ensure that they have some money coming in at the moment and shows you’ll be back after lockdown.
I’ll be sharing another list of positive Suffolk business news in my monthly email next month – so please do get in touch via social media or email to be included –or you can sign up to receive the newsletter here.
Wishing you all health and happiness.
#ShopSmall #ShopLocal #StayHome #StaySafe
Love to you all x